Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, the best thing you could do first is to read and search our FAQ section. If you can't find any that matches your problem, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Q01: How long can MP3 Editor for Free record?
- Q02: I have recorded, but no sound during the playback?
- Q03: There is a file that I can use MP3 Editor for Free to play it, but it is not working when I try to edit it. What could be the problem?
- Q04: Can I edit the ID3 Tag information for the output files?
- Q05: How can I get MP3 files transferred to PSP?
- Q06: Does your audio converter support mpga audio format and how do I convert it to MP3?
- Q07: I have finished the conversion to the iPod/iPhone/Apple TV; what do I need to do so that I can transfer the output files into my iPod?
- Q08: Is it legal to download the online FLV video to my PC?
- Q09: I own a huge MP3 file; can EarCatch Ringtone Express cut it?
- Q10: When I try to connect to the CDDB when I use your EarCatch Ringtone Express, nothing happens. What's wrong?
- Q11: I just want to backup my DVD on my PC. What is the best choice of the output format for me to choose? I just want to play it on my PC and I would like to get the smallest size with better quality.
- Q12: After the DVD conversion is done, I found that it is not in the correct audio track I want. What I want is French, but I get English. How to correct it?
- Q13: After I finish the conversion to AVI, I can only get the audio playback in Windows Media Player while it shows that I need download certain codec. No video can be watched. Why?
- Q14: Can all CD-ROM drives convert CD to WAV, MP3, or WMA?
- Q15: Converting from CD produces poor results. What do you recommend to achieve the best quality output possible?
- Q16: Why did I fail to extract and encode MP3 from Audio CD?
- Q17: What do I do with the .exe file?
- Q18: Do you produce a version of MP3 Editor for Free for the Mac?
- Q19: How do I uninstall your products?
- Q20: The program worked fine before but not now.
- Q21: I found a bug! Now what?
A: MP3 Editor for Free can consecutively record for as long as you like without interrupt.
A: Please check if you have selected the correct source for recording. Secondly, make sure the recording volume is not pointed to zero. Check our recording tutorials for more guide.
A: This is usually caused by the file's audio content using a codec that is not supported by the conversion module. Even though it plays properly in MP3 Editor for Free, the playback engine's supported codecs are different from that of the conversion module. You should ensure you're running the latest version of MP3 Editor for Free, if you're experiencing this problem, because we are always adding support for additional codecs as the software is updated.
A:If you select WMA and MP3 as output formats, you can edit the Tag information for the files.
A: Please just copy MP3 files into the "MUSIC" folder, one of the subfolders under "PSP" folder. For example, if the removable drive name for your PSP is "F", please copy them into "F:PSPMUSIC". If you cannot find it, please create such a path by yourself.
A: No. But you can do this trick, rename *.mpga to *.mp3, convert it to *.wav then convert *.wav back to *.mp3.
A: Do you have iTunes installed? It is a must. Please download it from www.apple.com. The transferring job must be done by this tool.
A: Yes, it is legal. When you watch an online FLV video in flash from a website (like YouTube.com), the video will be automatically downloaded to the "Temporary Internet Files" folder of your hard disk. That means that the file is saved on your computer while you watch the video and there remains until you delete it. Our application does the same thing and it allows you to choose the download folder. However, the downloaded FLV files should be for individual use only. We suggest you not to convert any authorized material.
A: Yes! EarCatch Ringtone Express can edit an MP3 file over 1000 MB!
A: Please remember that you must be connected to the Internet to take advantage of the CDDB. If problems persist, there might be a temporary network problem with the CDDB itself or your ISP might be experiencing difficulties in establishing a connection with the CDDB.
Q11: I just want to backup my DVD on my PC. What is the best choice of the output format for me to choose? I just want to play it on my PC and I would like to get the smallest size with better quality.
A: Generally speaking, we recommend AVI output by our program. The default codec for AVI in our program is DivX, which can provide better quality as well as smaller output size. If you just want to backup your DVD on your hard drive, you'd better select AVI.
A: In the "Audio" dropdown list, all the audio tracks can be found. Please select the one you want before you start ripping. It is below the title list.
A: The default codec for AVI output in our program is DivX & Xvid. If you do not have these codecs installed on your PC, you will not be able to play the file. Please download them from www.divx.com & www.xvid.org for free. After the installation, Windows Media Player will be able to play AVI files produced by our program.
A: Although most current CD-ROM drives can convert digitally, only CD-ROM drives that support the Redbook audio format and have a reasonable level of seeking accuracy can convert tracks from CDs to disk in digital format. Many older CD-ROM drives and some new ones, do not support this capability.
A: Conversion output quality is affected by
two factors: CD-ROM drive and system processing power. For best
conversion performance, do the following:
1. Avoid simultaneously running other applications which would drain the CPU's power (graphics programs, scanners, other compressors, etc.);
2. Avoid simultaneously running other applications which are write to the hard drive;
3. Certain conditions which cause the operating system to crash, such as low memory or several open windows, will also affect the quality of conversion output.
1. Your CD-ROM doesn't support audio data extraction. In this case, SpeedBurn Disc Maker can't work at present. You can try other applications which support analog access method if you can play your CD with the sound card. The default CD-ROM type was set incorrect and doesn't accord with your CD-ROM;
2. Some sectors of your CD were damaged. In order to keep perfect quality copies of the original music, SpeedBurn Disc Maker will stop extracting when meet error sectors and tried several times. You can clean your CD and try again.
A: From the browser, select the option to "Run from current location". This launches the setup program, which will install our program files and create an entry in the start menu. If you already downloaded the file, just double-click on it to start the installer.
A: No. We do not develop Macintosh software at this time. Unfortunately, as we are not familiar with the Macintosh software market, we do not know of a similar solution to recommend for the Mac platform.
A: Our products can be uninstalled by opening Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Select our product you installed from the list and click the button "Add/Remove". This launches the uninstall program.
A: Try to reinstall it. If it doesn't solve
please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A: The most important thing when reporting a bug is to be as specific as possible. Give us enough information that we can reproduce the bug ourselves, otherwise it's unlikely that we'll be able to fix it.